Saturday, June 13, 2009

NYC Day One

Well, I've arrived. However it wasn't easy getting here...I got to the airport at 12:15, plenty of time to catch my 2:10 flight! The airport was so empty, I couldn't believe it. It literally took me 20 minutes total to print my boarding pass, check my luggage (I fit everything in one bag! Boo-yah Jazz!!), go through security, and get to my gate. After lunch and a drink at the Hockeytown Cafe I went to the travel shop and got a magazine and water then went to my gate. I was one of the last ones to board, and as I sat down the captain came over the loudspeaker and said that due to the stormy weather in New York, we weren't allowed to leave the ground yet and were on a 45 minute delay. Oh great...much grumbling went around the plane. 30 minutes later the captain came back on and said that we were still on a flight delay for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes were up, the captain said that although LaGuardia was cleared now, we had to wait for all of the planes that were circling to land, and THEN we could take off, so we might as well deplane and get something to eat. Well, since I'd already eaten lunch, I grabbeed some Excedrin (there were TWO screaming, sobbing babies right behind me!) and settled in with my book. 2 and a half hours after we were supposed to leave, we finally left!! We landed with out any problems and I made it to my sister's apartment!

I'll post some pictures of her neighborhood tomorrow....and then you'll see why I want to live here!!!

1 comment: