Saturday, June 20, 2009

The Last (full) Day...

I took 119 pictures yesterday! I went on the Staten Island Ferry, saw the New York Harbor & Statue of Liberty. Made a friend (thanks Wanda!), went to the American Museum of Natural History, saw the dinosaurs, Ocean Life, Extreme Mammals, the Theodore Roosevelt Park. I met my friend Tracy for dinner and margarita's. Walked around The West Village, went to Times Square, posed with one of NYPD's finest, and took so many pictures my camera died! I promise not to post all of them here...just the best!!


The view from Borough Hall in Brooklyn

NYPD in Times Square













Tracy and me toasting our margarita's!



Ummm...a van filled with coconuts?? Hmmm...





Talk about a King Crab!



How many fish can you name?



The Giant Whale in the Ocean Life exhibit.



How would you like to swim with this guy?? Don't worry, I'm pretty sure he's extinct...



Giant Turtles!





It's Little Foot!



These are some huge tusks! A relative of the elephant...


















The Aquarium inside the Ferry Terminal on Staten Island



Wanda and me, riding the ferry!



The views from the ferry...
















My ferry!






The Statue of Liberty for many is a great tourist attraction. But I think that sometimes we forget what else it stands for. "Give me your tired, your poor,Your huddled masses yearning to breath free. The wretched refuse of your teeming shore, Send these, the homeless,Tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"
What does this mean for you? Because it should mean more than just a place to visit and take pictures of...another tourist attraction to cross off your list...







1 comment: