In an attempt to actually strive to make my New Years Resolutions, I did two pretty great things this week (I know! It's only Tuesday!!)
1. I paid off my Old Navy credit card (woo woo!!) It wasn't too high, so it was pretty easy to do
2. I hired a personal trainer.
That's right! I've got myself eight half hour sessions with Pam. I went in and met with her yesterday to figure out if I could afford to actually do this (turns out that with my employee discount, I can!) and I told her that I truly do want to lose this weight I've allowed myself to lazily gain, but I need to be accountable to someone other than myself. I told her that I'm a wimp and although I know how to do things, I stop when I get tired/sore/need a drink of water/because I just don't want to do it anymore. I told her that I need someone who will kick my ass. She said, "I would like to be that person." haha, gotta love Pam!!
She told me that I had to write out my goals, time my 2 mile walk, and keep a food diary for two days during the week and one during the weekend. Well, I've thought up some stuff for my goals already, like...
1. I want to make exercise/fitness more important to me than dinner with friends. Too often I will make plans to walk or go to the gym, and then someone suggests coffee/drinks/dinner/shopping and I ditch the exercise to hang out.
2. I want to lose 20 pounds before I start school in September. I think that this is pretty reasonable. It'd be about 3-4 pounds a week...do-able...
3. To continue a lifestyle filled with exercise long after September hits.
The food diary is going okay...although I realized that today was not the best day to start it...I'm taking my friend Gina out for her birthday tonight, and we're going to Rojo for dollar taco's and two dollar Corona's, plus Salsa and Guac!! AH!! Sorry Pam...but I thought, it's okay, I'll just eat REALLY healthy all day today! So this is what my food diary looks like so far...
1. Lite Yogurt (80 cal)
2. Coffee w/lots of creamer (vanilla caramel, yum!) and lots of sugar (I don't count coffee. Or anything I put in it)
3. Gardetto's (240 cal!)
4. 5 chicken tacos (mini's!) (47.5 ea. 237.5 total cal.)
5. Sante Fe Rice and Beans Lean Cuisine (300 cal)
6. 100 Calorie Veggie Crisps (which I'm currently eating as I write this)
And that doesn't include what will make it's way on later...
7. 3-5 Corona Light's (105 cal/bottle)
8. 3 Chicken Taco's (probably at least 100 cal each!)
9. Chips and Salsa
10. Chips and Guacamole
So I'm already at 957.5 calories for the day and I haven't even counted what I'm going to eat tonight, or the two pieces of gum I had (do they count if you don't swallow them? lol)...but I am walking tonight after work, so that will burn off some what I had today...I just don't know how much. I can't believe how quickly this all adds up...
Okay, wish me luck...and keep me accountable! Let's go for walks! Let's eat salads together! Let's be social while being active!!