Wednesday, December 2, 2009

A Thanksgiving Day Miracle!

Well, it's been a REALLY long time since I've posted anything, but I am blaming that on my lack of time due to a hectic school schedule! In fact I should be catching up in my online class, but I just wrote my research paper so I'm taking a break! (Hey, that makes me think of that Mitch Hedberg skit where he says,
"I wanna work someplace where you name things. What does that thing do?"
"It blends things."
"hmmm...I'm going to call that...a blender! I'm taking a break!")


Anyways...so somehow, in the past week I've lost 4 pounds!! What happened to that Thanksgiving food?!?! So now I'm feeling pretty good about myself...trying to keep this up...but speaking of lost weight and Thanksgiving day food, I'm so hungry!! haha!! Looks like I may make a trip to the salad bar...which is probably a good time for me to plug the most amazing place I've discovered on Eastern's campus...

It's called The Marketplace Bistro and for $4.95 you can get a large salad with WHATEVER YOU WANT ON IT!! I Iget lettuce or spring mix for my base, and the for toppings I get garbanzo beans, spinach, pine nuts, cucumbers, red & green chopped pepper mix, corn & black bean relish, shredded parmesan cheese, carrots, Italian dressing, chopped egg...and I think that's it...it's so good!! And then sometimes I treat myself and for $2 extra I get a side of roasted red pepper hummus and amazing pita chips!

Okay, my random ramblings are over. Thanks for putting up with it.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the 4 pounds, woohoo!!! And that restaurant sounds super yummy, we should go sometime!
    P.S.
    LOVE that you are quoting Mitch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for unexpected weight loss!

    ReplyDelete