Monday, May 25, 2009

A Thank You...

I'm sure that this will be just one of many posts you read about Memorial Day, but I really do feel that it's so important to remember what today means, who we celebrate and why.

Although I've never lost someone to a war, I know people who have fought and who are fighting and who are getting ready to enter that world. And to those people, I want to say "Thank you." Thank you, Great Uncle Johnny for joining the United States Army and surviving not only Japanese POW camps, but the Bataan Death March as well. Thank you Len Biedermann, for joining the United States Coast Guard, and preparing to storm the beaches of Iwo Jima. Thank you, Geoff Biedermann, for joining the United States Air Force and flying in Desert Storm. Thank you, Jason Murphy, for joining the United States Army and going to Iraq, where you are still stationed. I worry about you driving your truck in conveys...Thank you, Kelly Leeper, for joining the United States Army and fighting in Afghanistan, I'm glad that you're somewhat safe by working in the motorpool. Thank you, Nate Walker, for joining the United States Army, and preparing to go wherever you are needed to fight for us.

Thank you all, for the amazing services that you performed for our great country. You are all amazing, and I love you all!

1 comment:

  1. girl, say it! I find it hard to find words to express my gratitude towards people who fight to keep our country the land of the free! and the home of the brave! thank you. thank you. thank you.

    ReplyDelete