Thursday, March 12, 2009

He's a little bit country...and she will never be!

I used to think that I was a city girl trapped in a country girl’s body. I loved country music, I wore flannel, I wanted cowboy boots, I wanted to own a farm, I wanted to live on acres upon acres of land, drive a pick up truck…oh I thought I knew it all…then I started dating L and he took me to school, and dropped me off. These are the top ten reasons that I know I am not ever going to be able to be “countrified…” (in no particular order)

1. All I knew about beef jerky was that it looked like dried bark and tasted even worse…then he took me to the Beef Jerky Outlet Store …that’s right, there is actually a Beef Jerky OUTLET STORE!!

2. His mom and sister were talking about killing and plucking chickens, his sister started to ask me something about it and his mom interrupted to say, “Oh K, C is a CITY GIRL! She just knows what section in the grocery store to go buy frozen chicken!” And it’s so true...

3. When L tried to get me to buy a pair of hiking boots, I told him that they’d better the cutest boots in the store. I’m not wearing some ugly brown boot!! He said, “but my friends don’t care what is on your foot.” To which I replied, “yes, but I care about what’s on my foot.”

4. If you ever catch me in flannel, it will be because I’m dressing up for Halloween.

5. I used to want a farm, until a few weeks ago when I was driving through a snowy rain storm (you know the kind I mean!) and I saw cows outside…that’s when I realized that I would still have to get up at 5am to take care of the animals, even if it was snowy raining outside. And you know I’m not about to ruin my cute barn boots to shovel manure!

6. Over Thanksgiving I discovered the difficulty of wearing high heels and walking through the field to the horses…not a good idea…unless you enjoy manure caked onto your Steve Maddens…

7. My drink of choice was always something pretty and fun, a Cosmo, a Cranberry/Vodka…now my staple drink is light beer…

8. I will never leave my house without at least a little bit of makeup…just some foundation, bronzer, blush, eyeliner, eye shadow, and mascara…never bare skin!!

9. I would love to go camping with L, but our views of camping differ a little. He pictures a tent with sleeping bags, and I picture a cabin with a bed, and running water for toilets, showers, and sinks. Preferably with a fridge and a dishwasher. Also, the cleaner the cabin, the better, no bugs for me!

10. Give me Von Maur’s for shopping, an Aveda Institute for hair and eyebrows, and Bobbi Brown for makeup…you won’t catch me going to the Mayberry Beauty Salon or Farm & Fleet!

No comments:

Post a Comment